Monday, December 31, 2007

Good Bye 2007

What a year 2007 was. On a personal level, it was a very satisfying year. I was in good health, got promoted, bought a brand new car for the first time in my life and did extremely well in my investments. A good year all round. Thank God.

Nigeria did well politically. Obasanjo handed over to Yar’Adua peacefully. But that is where the success ends.

Unfortunately, Yar’Adua appears to be too slow in getting things done. We are not expecting miracles but as the Hausa people say “Jummah da za tai kyau tun daga Laraba ake ganin ta” meaning good things are noticed well in advance. From what we can see, Yar’Adua has a tough task. He is surrounded by a lot of incompetent people, who cant deliver on his seven point agenda.

No progress has been made in addressing the power crises. In fact, as I write, I have no electricity from PHCN. The last one week like most of the year was spent in darkness courtesy of PHCN. The security situation has not improved and most of the corrupt ex governors are still roaming the streets.

So what do I wish for in 2008? Here is my wish list:

1) Continued good health and Iman
2) A return of 25% for my portfolio
3) Electricity from 7pm to 7am daily
4) Better security for all Nigerians
5) Corrupt governors locked up
6) Increased accountability from elected officers

I pray my wish list will be answered.

Good bye 2007 and welcome 2008.

No comments: